SABERS “Strengthening Adolescent Boys with Education & Resources” began in 2014 and has proven to be a life-changing program for the boys and their families. The goal of SABERS is to provide an environment where young men can focus on building relationships, respect, and responsibility in order to discover their true potential easing the transition to high school and the ensuing rush of new social experiences. The 2-year program for 7th and 8th grade adolescent males incorporates the concepts of self-respect, self-discovery, and service to others in helping young men become healthy, self-sufficient, and successful teens. The program embraces the individuality of each youth creating unique programs balancing the desired goals for each young man with those of the group.
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
- Group Counseling – Supporting each other through peer group discussions and workshops
- Education Groups – Classes and discussion groups for boys cover relevant topics such as creating music, practicing yoga, athletics that foster respect and support
- Community Service Projects – SABERS boys have served at the Worcester County Humane Society
- Career Exploration – Field trips to colleges
- Cultural Field Trips – Field trips to museums and cultural points of interest
- Individual and Family Counseling Available
To find out more about SABERS call 410-641-4598.
Transportation is provided for all SABERS services.
This program is sponsored by the Town of Berlin.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Leslie Dixon, Program Coordinator, at 410-641-4598.